Piotr Zwiernik is currently an Assistant Professor in the Department of Economics and Business at Universitat Pompeu Fabra. Before he held research positions at University of Genoa, University of California Berkeley, Mittag Leffler Institute, Institute for Pure and Applied Mathematics in Los Angeles and TU Eindhoven. His work has been published in top statistics and mathematics journals including Annals of Statistics, Journal of Machine Learning Research, and Proceedings of the London Mathematical Society. In 2013-2015 he was a Marie Sk?odowska-Curie fellow funded by the Europen Commission.
- Multivariate statistics
- Graphical models
- Algebraic statistics
- Algebraic geometry
- Mateusz Micha?ek, Bernd Sturmfels, Caroline Uhler, and Piotr Zwiernik, Exponential varieties, Proceedings of the London Mathematical Society (3) 112 (2016), no. 1, 27–56.
- Mateusz Micha?ek, Luke Oeding, and Piotr Zwiernik, Secant cumulants and toric geometry, International Mathematics Research Notices, Issue 12 (2015), pp 4019-4063.
- Jan Draisma, Sonja Kuhnt , Groups acting on Gaussian graphical, Annals of Statistics, Volume 41, Number 4 (2013), pp 1944-1969.
- Bernd Sturmfels, Piotr Zwiernik, Binary cumulant varieties, Annals of Combinatorics, Volume 17, Issue 1 (2013), pp 229-250.
- Piotr Zwiernik, Asymptotic Behaviour of the Marginal Likelihood for General Markov Models, J. of Machine Learning Research. Volume 12 (2011), pp 3283−3310.