Full professor at UAB
Research area: Computer Science
PhD in Computer Science obtained at UAB
Josep Rifà was born in Manlleu, Catalonia (Spain) in July 1951. Since 1974 he was an assistant professor in the Mathematics Department, Barcelona University. In 1987 he joined the UAB (Autonomous University of Barcelona) and since 1992 he has been a full professor in this University. He was the former Head of Information and Communications Engineering Department at UAB as well as the former Vice-chairman of the Spanish Chapter of Information Theory of IEEE. He has worked in several projects granted by Catalan, Spanish and European funds as well as agreements with private companies, on subjects related to digital communications, error correcting codes and encryption of digital information.
- Information theory
- Coding theory
- Rifà-Pous, J. Rifà, “Product Perfect Codes and Steganography”. Digital Signal Processing, 19 (2009) pp.764-769. DOI: 10.1016/j.dsp.2008.11.005
- Rifà, V. Zinoviev, “On Lifting Perfect Codes” IEEE Transactions on Information Theory, Vol. 57, No. 9, September 2011, pp. 5918- 5925. DOI. 10.1109/TIT.2010.2103410.
- del Rio, J. Rifà, “Families of Hadamard Z2Z4Q8-codes” IEEE Transactions on Information Theory. vol. 59, n. 8, pp. 5140-5151. August 2013. DOI: 10.1109/TIT.2013.2258373.
- Rifà, F. I. Soloveva and M. Villanueva, “Self-embeddings of Hamming Steiner triple systems of small order and APN permutations” Designs, Codes and Cryptography, vol. 75, n. 3 (2015), pp. 405-427. DOI:10.1007/s10623-013-9909-1.
- Montolio, J. Rifà, “Construction of Hadamard Z2Z4Q8-codes for each allowable value of the rank and dimension of the kernel”. IEEE Transactions on Information Theory, V. 61, n. 4, April 2015, pp. 1948-1958. DOI: 10.1109/TIT.2015.2398869.