Formerly Lecturer and Associate Professor at the Department of Mathematics of the UAB, until 1989. After that and up to now Professor (Applied Mathematics) at the Department of Mathematics of the UPC. Visitor at Georgia Tech, Universidade de São Paulo, Lorenz Center (Leiden), Universidad Complutense de Madrid and OCIAM (Oxford).
Dean of the Facultat de Matemàtiques I Estadística of the UPC (1992-97, founding period), Director of the Department of Applied Mathematics 1 of the UPC (2002-05), Associated to de Direction of the CRM (2007-10), President of the Societat Catalana de Matemàtiques (2010-14) and Member of the Institut d’Estudis Catalans (since 2012).
- Partial Differential Equations
- Industrial and Applied Mathematics
- Infinite-dimensional Dynamical Systems
- X. Cabré and J. Solà-Morales, “Layer solutions in a halfspace for boundary reactions”. Comm. Pure Appl. Math. 58 (2005), no. 12, 1678-1732
- H. M. Rodrigues and J. Solà-Morales: “Invertible contractions and asymptotically stable ODE’s that are not C1-linearizable”, J. Dynam. Differential Equations 18 (2006), 961-974
- M. Pellicer and J. Solà-Morales: “Optimal decay rates and the selfadjoint property in overdamped systems”, J. Differential Equations 246 (2009), no. 7, 2813-2828
- M. Aguareles, J. Haro, J. Rius and J. Solà-Morales : “On an asymptotic formula for the maximum voltage drop in a on-chip power distribution network”. European Journal of Applied Mathematics 23 (2012), 245-265
- J. Menacho and J. Solà-Morales: “Convergence to Steady-state and Boundary Layer Profiles in a Linear Chromatography System”. SIAM J. Appl. Math. 75 (2015), no. 2, 745–761