I got my PhD in Mathematics from the Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona in 1995. My primary area of research is Combinatorial and Geometric Group Theory. I have more than 40 research publications in my area, and I have spent several periods of my professional career in other mathematical institutions (mainly, 3 years at UAB-Barcelona, 13 months at CUNY-New York, 6 months at Nebraska-Lincoln, 5 months at CRM-Montréal, and a total of 22 months at CRM-Barcelona in several stays). I am the main researcher of our local research team in Barcelona (see http://www.grupsbcn.cat/), the vice-president of the Societat Catalana de Matemàtiques (SCM), and editor-in-chief of the Editiorial Board of the Centre de Recerca Matemàtica (CRM).
- Combinatorial and Geometric Group Theory.
- Free groups: their lattice of subgroups, automorphisms and their fixed points.
- Free-like structures: free-by-cyclic, free-by-free, HNN extensions, etc.
- Solvability of algorithmic problems on groups.
- Generic and asymptotic properties of groups,
- F. Bassino, A. Martino, C. Nicaud, E. Ventura, P. Weil, “Statistical properties of subgroups of free groups”, Random Structures and Algorithms 42 (2013), 349–373, doi: 10.1002/rsa.20407.
- Bogopolski, A. Martino, E. Ventura, “Orbit decidability and the conjugacy problem for some extensions of groups”, Transactions of the American Mathematical Society 362 (2010), 2003–2036.
- Bogopolski, A. Martino, O. Maslakova, E. Ventura, “Free-by-cyclic groups have solvable conjugacy problem”, Bulletin of the London Mathematical Society, 38 (5) (2006), 787–794.
- N. Arzhantseva, J. Burillo, M. Lustig, L. Reeves, H. Short, E. Ventura, “Uniform non-amenability”, Advances in Math., 197 (2) (2005), 499–522.
- Martino, E. Ventura, “A description of auto-fixed subgroups in a free group”, Topology 43 (2004), 1133–1164.