I have been working at the UAB since october 1985 when I entered the Mathematics Department as a PhD student. Right now I have a position of Catedratica de Escuela Universitaria (Associated Professor) since 1996.
I was a Fulbright postdoc fellow at the Mathematics Departmet at Rutgers University (USA) from January 1993 to September 1994.
I was visiting professor at the Mathematics department of the Università di Padova the course 2004-2005.
I spent my sabbatical year 2010-2011 visiting at the mathematics departments at NTNU (Trondheim, Norway) and at Universität Bielefeld (Germany).
I have been visiting the Centre de Recerca Matemática (CRM, Barcelona) in
-first semester of 2006-2007 as a coordinator and participant of the Research Programme “Continuous and discrete methods in Ring Theory”
-Second semester of 2014-2015 as a coordinator and participant of the Research Programme “Interactions between Representation Theory, Algebraic Topology and Commutative Algebra” (IRTATCA) that had more than 70 researchers from all over the world.
I have been giving invited talks on my research in universities in USA, Mexico, Czech Republic, Hungary, Italy, Germany, Norway, India, Turkey,… and also I have made invited talks in conferences all over the world.
I have organized quite a number of scientific events. Right now I am co-organizing the special session on Associative Rings and Algebras at the First Joing Meeting Brazil-Spain in Mathematics (Fortaleza, Brazil December 7-10, 2015)
I am editor of the International Electonic Journal of Algebra (IEJA)
My main field of interest is non-commutative Algebra, and my main specific topics of research are:
- Ring and module theory
- Homological algebra
- Representation Theory
- Division rings
- D. Herbera and J. Sánchez; The inversion height of the free field is infinite.Sel. Math. New Ser. 21 (2015) 883-929
- D. Herbera and P. Prihoda; Infinitely generated projective modules over pullbacks of rings. Trans. Amer. Math. Soc. 366 (2014), no. 3, 1433-1454
- D. Herbera and J. Trlifaj; Almost free modules and Mittag-Leffler conditions. Advances in Mathematics 229 (2012) 3436–3467
- D. Herbera and P. Prihoda; Big projective modules over noetherian semilocal rings. J. Reine und Angew.Math 648 (2010) 111-148
- L. Angeleri-Hügel, D. Herbera and J. Trlifaj; Baer and Mittag-Leffler modules over Tame Hereditary Algebras. Mathematische Zeitschrift 265 (2010) 1-19