Antonio Huerta is Professor of Applied Mathematics. He obtained a Ph.D. from Northwestern University in 1987. He has held numerous visiting positions, in particular at the Joint Research Centre of the European Commission (Ispra), Ecole Centrale Nantes (FR), Swansea University (UK) and Chuo University (Japan). He received several awards, among them, the Thomas A. Jaeger Prize by the International Association for Structural Mechanics in Reactor Technology (1989) and the Prandtl Medal, in its first edition, from the European Community on Computational Methods in Applied Sciences (2008).He has served in numerous positions in the university, governmental offices and the community. He is now the Secretary General of IACM (the International Association of Computational Mechanics) and the Founding Academic Director of the Industrial Ph.D. Program for the Government of Catalonia. See www.lacan.upc.edu/huerta.
His research interests are comprehensive in the area of computational methods in applied sciences and engineering. He has contributed in fundamentals of finite elements, mesh-free methods, error estimation and adaptivity, and reduced order models, as well as nonlinear computational solid mechanics, convection-dominated flow and incompressible flows.
- Fernández-Méndez, S. and Huerta, A., “Imposing essential boundary conditions in mesh-free methods” Computer Methods in Applied Mechanics and Engineering, 193(12-14), pp. 1257-1275, 2004
- Parés, N., Díez, P. and Huerta, A., “Subdomain-based flux-free a posteriori error estimators”, Computer Methods in Applied Mechanics and Engineering, 195(4-6), pp. 297-323, 2006
- Jason, L. Huerta, A. Pijaudier-Cabot, G and Ghavamian, S., “An elastic plastic damage formulation for concrete: application to elementary and structural tests”, Computer Methods in Applied Mechanics and Engineering, 195(52), pp. 7077-7092, 2006
- Sevilla, R., Fernández-Méndez, S., Huerta, A., “NURBS-Enhanced Finite Element Method (NEFEM)”; International Journal for Numerical Methods in Engineering, 76(1), pp. 56-83, 2008
- Ammar, A., Chinesta, F., Díez, P. and Huerta, A., “An error estimator for separated representations of highly multidimensional models” Computer Methods in Applied Mechanics and Engineering, 199(25-28), pp.1872-1880, 2010