Àngel Jorba received his PhD from the University of Barcelona under the supervision of Prof. Carles Simó. He has been associate professor at the Polytechnic University of Catalonia and he is currently Professor of Applied Mathematics at the University of Barcelona. Since 2001 he is a member of the editorial board of the journal Discrete and Continuous Dynamical Systems – Series B, and he has served as coordinator of the spanish network of dynamical systems (DANCE) from 2006 to 2010.
His research interests include celestial mechanics and astrodynamics, with a particular interest in the analysis of space missions. He is also interested on the occurrence of quasi-periodic motions in dynamical systems, and in the development of numerical and semi-analytical tools to deal with the application of dynamical systems to real situations.
- Normal-internal resonances in quasi-periodically forced oscillators: a conservative approach.Henk Broer, Heinz Hanßmann, Àngel Jorba, Jordi Villanueva and Florian Wagener. Nonlinearity 16, pp. 1751-1791 (2003)
- A software package for the numerical integration of ODE by means of high-order Taylor methods. Àngel Jorba and Maorong Zou. Experimental Mathematics 14, pp. 99-117 (2005)
- On the computation of reducible invariant tori on a parallel computer. Àngel Jorba and Estrella Olmedo. SIAM Journal on Applied Dynamical Systems 8:4, pp. 1382-1404, (2009)
- Periodic and quasi periodic motions of a solar sail close to SL1 in the Earth-Sun system. Ariadna Farrés and Àngel Jorba. Celestial Mechanics and Dynamical Astronomy 107:1-2, pp. 233-253 (2010)
- A renormalization operator for 1D maps under quasi-periodic perturbations. Àngel Jorba, Pau Rabassa and Joan Carles Tatjer. Nonlinearity 28:4, pp. 1017-1042 (2015)