Associate Professor at the Computer Science Department of UPC (Apr 2005 – today).
Lecturer at the Computer Science Department of UPC (Mar 2002- Mar 2005).
Visiting research positions held: Postdoctoral Fellowship at Charles University, Prague (Jul 2006), Program Participant at Isaac Newton Institute for the Mathematical Sciences, Cambridge (Jan-Feb 2007, Jan-Feb 2012), Visiting Scholarship at University of California, Berkeley (Jan-Jun 2008).
Principal Investigator of an ERC Consolidator Grant 2015 – 2020.
- Theory of computation
- Mathematical logic
- Mathematical programming
- Atserias, M. Grohe, and D. Marx. Size bounds and query plans for relational joins, SIAM Journal on Computing, 42(4), pages 1737-1767, 2013.
- Atserias and E. Maneva. Sherali-Adams Relaxations and Indistinguishability in Counting Logics, SIAM Journal on Computing, 42(1), pages 112-137, 2013.
- Atserias and V. Dalmau. A Combinatorial Characterization of Resolution Width, Journal of Computer and System Sciences, 74(3), pages 323-334, 2008.
- Atserias, A. Dawar, and Ph. G. Kolaitis. On Preservation under Homomorphisms and Unions of Conjunctive Queries, Journal of the ACM, 53(2), pages 208-237, 2006.
- Atserias. On Sufficient Conditions for Unsatisfiability of Random Formulas, Journal of the ACM, 51(2), pages 281-311, 2004.