I started my research in computational geometry (CG) focusing on visibility algorithms, and I quickly expanded my interests to a variety of topics such as optimal facility location, Voronoi diagrams and Delaunay triangulations, and more generally proximity graphs and geometric graphs. I am also interested in CG solutions for controlling modular robots and dealing with geographic information. I have worked in the past and keep working now a days with many of the most prestigious members of the CG community. I currently serve in the editorial board of CGTA, one of the most important CG journals, and I have also served in the scientific committees of the most important CG conferences (SoCG, EuroCG, EGC). Visit my web site http://www-ma2.upc.es/vera for more details.
- Computational Geometry
- Geometric Graphs
- Geometric Algorithms for Robotics
- Geometric Algorithms for Geographic Information.
- Hurtado, E. Molina, S. Ramaswami, V. Sacristán, Distributed reconfiguration of 2D lattice-based modular robotic systems, Autonomous Robots 38(4):383-413, 2015.
- Aichholzer, T. Hackl, A.Pilz, P. A. Ramos, V. Sacristán, B. Vogtenhuber, Empty triangles in good drawings of the complete graph, Graphs and Combinatorics 31(2):335-345, 2015.
- Bose, S. Collette, F. Hurtado, M. Korman, S. Langerman, V. Sacristán, M. Saumell, Some properties of k-Delaunay and k-Gabriel graphs, Computational Geometry – Theory and Applications 46(2):131–139, 2013.
- Buchin, A. Driemel, M. van Kreveld, V. Sacristán, Segmenting trajectories: A framework and algorithms using spatiotemporal criteria, Journal of Spatial Information Science 3:33-63, 2011.
- Aloupis, S. Collette, M. Damian, E. D. Demaine, R. Flatland, S. Langerman, J. O’Rourke, V. Pinciu, S. Ramaswami, V. Sacristán, S. Wuhrer, Efficient Constant-Velocity Reconfiguration of Crystalline Robots Robotica 29(1):59-71, 2011.