After finishing my PhD in Algebraic Topology at the Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona (my advisor was Manuel Castellet), I spent two years as a post-doc at the Mathematical Institute in Zurich. After a short period as professor at the Universitat de València, I became professor at the UAB. Together with Manuel Castellet we created and developed the “Barcelona Algebraic Topology Group”.
My main interests have been cohomology algebras, the Steenrod algebra, groups (Lie, finite, Kac-Moody,…) and their classifying spaces, finite loop spaces, reflection groups and invariant theory, unstable homotopy theory, etc.
- Cohomology of Kac-Moody groups over a finite field (with A. Ruiz). Algebr. Geom. Topol. 13 (2013), no. 4, 2207—2238
- The torsion index of a p-compact group. Proc. Amer. Math. Soc. 138 (2010), no. 11, 4129–4136
- p-compact groups as subgroups of maximal rank of Kac-Moody groups. J. Math. Kyoto Univ. 49 (2009), no. 1, 83–112
- Four lines in space. J. Geom. 92 (2009), no. 1–2, 1–16
- The arboreal approach to pairs of involutions. Comm. Algebra 37 (2009), no. 3, 1104–1116