I am the director of the Erasmus Mundus Joint Doctorate on Simulation in Engineering and Entrepreneurship Development (SEED), vice-president of ECCOMAS (formerly secretary since 2004) and coordinator the SEAT industrial chair in UPC. I was visiting professor at ENS de Cachan, EC de Paris and Politecnico di Milano and visiting researcher at Macquarie University (Sydney) and the Joint Research Center of the European Commission (Ispra). I have authored more than 50 papers in indexed journals and he has co-chaired the six editions of ADMOS, International Conference on Adaptive Modeling and Simulation. I served as Vice-Rector for International Policy, coordinating also the participation of UPC in the KIC Innoenergy (2010-2013). He got the IACM Fellow Award, at the 2010 edition.
Current and previous positions
- Full Professor (Catedràtic), UPC from October 29, 2007
- Associate Professor (Prof. Titular Univ.), Department of Applied Mathematics 3, UPC, 1999-2007
- Assistant Professor, Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya, 1993-1999
- Lecturer, Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya, 1990-1993
- Research Assistant, Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya, 1989
• Computational Mechanics
• Solid and Fluid Mechanics
• Finite Elements Analysis
• Error assessment and adaptivity
• Model Order Reduction
- Parés, N., Díez, P. and Huerta, A., “Subdomain-based flux-free a posteriori error estimators”, Computer Methods in Applied Mechanics and Engineering, 195 297-323(2006).
- Díez, P., Ródenas, J.J. and Zienkiewicz, O.C., “Equilibrated Patch Recovery error estimates: simple and accurate upper bounds of the error”, International Journal for Numerical Methods in Engineering, 69 2075-2098 (2007).
- Parés, N., Díez, P. and Huerta, A., “Exact bounds for linear outputs of the advection-diffusion-reaction equation using flux-free error estimates”, SIAM Journal of Scientific Computing, 31 (4) 3064-3089 (2009).
- Zlotnik, S. and Díez, P., “Hierarchical X-FEM for n-phase flow (n>2)”, Computer Methods in Applied Mechanics and Engineering, 198 (30-32) 2329-2338 (2009).
- P. Díez, R. Cottereau and S. Zlotnik, “A stable XFEM formulation for multi-phase problems enforcing the accuracy of the fluxes through Lagrange multipliers”, International Journal for Numerical Methods in Engineering, 96 (5) 303-322 (2013).