PhD in Mathematics from Hasselt University, Belgium
Postdoctoral researcher Ramon y Cajal at Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona
I studied Mathematics at Hasselt University and Antwerp University subsequently. Afterwards I started my PhD studies at Hasselt University under supervision of F. Dumortier in a position of Professor Assistant. In 2004 I obtained my PhD and I continued working in the Dynamical Systems group of Hasselt University as Professor dr. Assistant and as postdoctoral researcher.
In 2007 I started my postdoctoral research fellowships at Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona, where I am currently working in the Dynamical Systems group directed by J. Llibre and J. Torregrosa, and treating bifurcation problems of periodic orbits in planar vector fields.
- Dynamical Systems
- Qualitative theory of planar differential equations
- Periodic orbits
- Bifurcations and structural stability
- M. Caubergh, Bifurcation of the separatrix skeleton in some 1-parameter families of planar vector fields, Journal of Differential Equations, 259, 989—1013 (2015).
- M. Caubergh and J. Torregrosa, Global phase portraits of some reversible cubic centers with non-collinear singularities, International Journal of Bifurcation and Chaos, 23, 30 pages (2013).
- M. Caubergh and A. Gasull, Absolute cycylicity, Lyapunov quantities and centers, Journal of Mathematical Applications and Analysis, 366, 297—309 (2010).
- M. Caubergh and F. Dumortier, Hilbert’s 16th Problem for classical Liénard equations of even degree, Journal of Differential equations, 244, 1359—1394 (2008).
- M. Caubergh and F. Dumortier, Hopf-Takens bifurcations and centers, Journal of Differential Equations, 202, 1—31 (2004).