I finished PhD at UB in 2009. I am currently a Tenure-Track 1 Lecturer at UB. Previously I was a Non-tenured Teaching Assistant at UB, a postdoctoral researcher I-Math Future at UPC and a postdoctoral researcher at UB.
My research aims to develop global quantitative methods to understand phase space phenomena of dynamical systems.
- Dynamical systems
- Hamiltonian dynamics and perturbations
- Splitting of separatrices and chaos
- Strange attractors
- Numerical methods.
- N.Míguel-Baños, C.Simó and A.Vieiro. Effect of Islands in Diffusive Properties of the Standard Map for Large Parameter Values. Foundations of Computational Mathematics, 2014.
- S.Gonchenko, C.Simó and A.Vieiro. Richness of dynamics and global bifurcations in systems with a homoclinic figure-eight. Nonlinearity 26(3): 621–679, 2013.
- V.Gelfreich, C.Simó and A.Vieiro. Dynamics of 4D symplectic maps near a double resonance. Physica D, 243(1): 92–110, 2013.
- C.Simó and A.Vieiro. Dynamics in chaotic zones of area preserving maps: close to separatrix and global instability zones.Physica D, 240(8): 732–753, 2011.
- C.Simó and A.Vieiro. Resonant zones, inner and outer splittings in generic and low order resonances of area preserving maps. Nonlinearity 22(5):1191–1246, 2009.