I am associate professor of the University of Barcelona and senior researcher at the Computer Vision Center. I obtained in 2006 a PhD degree in Acoustics at the laboratory Creatis , University Lyon1, Lyon (France) and contemporaneous Ph.D. in Electronic and Telecommunication in MSD Lab, University of Florence (Italy). I graduated as Electronic Engineer at the Politecnic of Turin in 2003. To date, I supervised two PhD students, graduated cum laude. I am author or co-author of 14 journal papers, 3 patents and many conference publications. I was the organizer of the MICCAI stent workshop 2013-2014-2015, and guest editor of the Computerized in Medical Imaging and Graphics special issue about Computer Assisted Stenting.
- Medical Imaging
- Machine Learning
- Image processing
- G. Blasco, S. Balocco, J. Puig, J. Sánchez-González, W. Ricart, J. Daunis-I-Estadella, X. Molina, S. Pedraza, JM. Fernández-Real. Carotid pulse wave velocity by magnetic resonance imaging is increased in middle-aged subjects with the metabolic syndrome. Int J Cardiovasc Imaging. 2014 Nov 26.
- G. Zahnd; S. Balocco; A. Sérusclat; P. Moulin; M. Orkisz; D. Vray. Progressive attenuation of the longitudinal kinetics in the common carotid artery: preliminary in vivo assessment. Ultrasound in Medicine and Biology Volume 41, Issue 1, Pages 339–345 July 27, 2014.
- C. Butakoff, S. Balocco, F. M. Sukno, C. Hoogendoorn, C. Tobon-Gomez, G. Avegliano, A. F. Frangi. Left-ventricular Epi- and Endocardium Extraction from 3D Ultrasound Images Using an Automatically Constructed 3D ASM. Computer Methods in Biomechanics and Biomedical Engineering: Imaging & Visualization (2014) 10.1080/21681163.2014.910703.
- S. Balocco, C. Gatta, F. Ciompi, A. Wahle, P. Radeva, S. Carlier, G. Unal, E. Sanidas , J. Mauri, X. Carillo, T. Kovarnik, C. Wang, H. Chen, T. P. Exarchos, D. I. Fotiadis, F. Destrempes, G. Cloutier, O. Pujol , M. Alberti, E. G. Mendizabal-Ruiz, M. Rivera, T. Aksoy, R. W. Downe, I. A. Kakadiaris. Standardized evaluation methodology and reference database for evaluating IVUS image segmentation. Computerized Medical Imaging and Graphics 2014 Mar; 38 (2) : 70 – 90
- M. Alberti, S. Balocco, X. Carrillo, J. Mauri and P. Radeva. Automatic non-rigid temporal alignment of IVUS sequences: method and quantitative validation. Ultrasound in Medicine and Biology. 2013 Sep; 39 (9) : 1698 – 712.