Graduated and PhD in Physics and Full Professor in Applied Mathematics since 1993. Founder and head of Control, Dynamics and Applications (CoDalab), a research group with 12 permanent members, mathematicians and engineers, which holds the recognition of Generalitat de Catalunya. Principal investigator of around 30 funded projects. Supervisor of 25 PhD Thesis. Visiting scholar and professor at the University of California, Berkeley, and the State University of New York at Buffalo. Current Director of the Department of Mathematics of the UPC. Taught courses on physics, mathematics, statistics, differential equations, control theory and applications in engineering schools. Current research efforts are mainly focused on the morphological characterization and automatic recognition of malignant blood cell images using image analysis and machine learning, having established Cellsilab, a joint research group with the Hospital Clinic of Barcelona.
- Control theory
- Structural dynamics and control
- Automatic cell recognition
- C. Tutivén, Y. Vidal, L. Acho, J. Rodellar. Hysteresis-based design of dynamic reference trajectories to avoid saturation in controlled wind turbines, Asian Journal of Control, Vol. 19(2), 438-449, 2017.
- F. Gharibnezhad, L. Mujica, J. Rodellar. Applying robust variant of Principal Component Analysis as a damage detector in the presence of outliers. Mechanical Systems and Signal Processing, Vol. 50-51, pp. 467-479, 2015.
- S. Alférez, A. Merino, L. Bigorra, L.E. Mújica, M. Ruiz, J. Rodellar. Automatic recognition of atypical lymphoid cells from peripherical blood by digital image analysis, American Journal of Clinical Pathology, Vol. 143: 168-176, 2015.
- M. ismail, F. Ikhouane, J. Rodellar. The hysteresis Bouc-Wen model, a survey, Archives of Computational Methods in Engineering, Vol. 16(2), 161-188, 2009.
- F. Ikhouane, V. Mañosa, J. Rodellar. Adaptive control of a hysteretic structural system, Automatica, Vol. 41(2), 225-231, 2005.