PhD in computer sciencefrom Universitat Politècnia de Catalunya (UPC)
Associate ProfessorUniversitat Politècnica de Catalunya
I received the degree in Mathematics from the Universitat de Barcelona in 1983 and the PhD in Computer Science in 1987 from the Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya. In september 1987 I joined the Department of Applied Mathematicsat UPC. Since 1992, my research interests are mainly related to cryptography, I have been the advisor of 6 PhD thesis onthe subject of mathematics applied to cryptography and currently I’m supervising 3 other thesis on electronic voting, one of them to be presented in February 2016.
Mathematics applied to cryptography:
- Public key cryptography
- Distributed cryptography
- Electronic voting
- Morillo, C. Ràfols. The Security of All Bits Using List Decoding. Public Key Cryptography 2009, Lecture Notes in Computer Science 5443 (2009) 15-33. Irvine, USA, 2009
- Daza, J. Herranz, P. Morillo, C. Ràfols. Extensions of access structures and their cryptographic applications. Applicable Algebra in Engineering, Communication and Computing, 21 (4) (2010), 257-284
- Escala, J. Herranz, P. Morillo. Revocable attribute-based signatures with adaptive security in the standard model. Proceedings of Africacrypt 2011, Lecture Notes in Computer Science 6737 (2011) 224-241. Dakar, Sentegal, 2011
- Morillo, M. Obrador. Efficient polynomial delegation under standard assumptions. Proceedings of PST 2013, IEEE Society Press (2013) 301-308. Tarragona, Spain, 2013
- Escala, P. Morillo, P. Bibiloni. Vote validatability in Mix-Net-based eVoting. Proceedings of VoteID 2015, Lecture Notes in Computer Science, 9269 (2015) 92-109. Bern, Switzerland, 2015.