Full Professor of Mathematics at the Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya.
He received the Humboldt Research Award (2012) for his achievements in Discrete Mathematics. During 2012-13 he was Von Neumann invited Professor at the Technical University of Munich. He was invited speaker at the International Congress of Mathematicians in Seoul (2014).
His main scientific achievement is the asymptotic enumeration of planar graphs (jointly with Omer Giménez), which opened the way to the fine analysis of random planar graphs.
He is currently Director of the Barcelona Graduate School of Mathematics.
- Asymptotic enumeration
- Random graphs
- Logic and graph theory
- Discrete Geometry
- On the probability of planarity of a random graph at the critical point (with J. Rué and V. Ravelomanana).Proceedings of the American Mathematical Society (2015).
- Random planar graphs and beyond.In Proceedings of the International Congress of Mathematicians, Seoul (2014).
- Maximum degree of random planar graphs (with M. Drmota, O. Giménez, K. Panagiotou and A. Steger).Proceedings of the London Mathematical Society (2014).
- Asymptotic enumeration and limit laws for graphs of fixed genus (with G. Chapuy, E. Fusy, O. Giménez and B. Mohar). Journal of Combinatorial Theory Series A (2011).
- Asymptotic enumeration and limit laws of planar graphs (with O. Giménez).Journal of the American Mathematical Society (2009).