Eva Miranda (Ph.D. in Mathematics, Universitat de Barcelona, 2003) is an associate professor at Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya, a member of the BGSMath and an honorary member at ICMAT-CSIC. As a postdoc, she was a recipient of a Marie Curie EIF contract (Université de Toulouse) and a Juan de la Cierva contract (UAB). She has been invited visiting professor for extended periods at Université de Toulouse, MIT, Université de Paris 6 and 7 and at Observatoire de Paris.
She is the director of the Laboratory of Geometry and Dynamical Systems-EPSEB. Eva Miranda has published over 35 papers including articles at Annales Scientifiques de l’École Normale Supérieure, Advances in Mathematics, Journal de Mathématiques Pures et Appliquées, Communications in Mathematical Physics and IMRN. She has supervised several Ph.D. theses and postdocs and has been plenary speaker in the top workshops in her field.
In 2017 she has been awarded a Chaire d’Excellence of the Fondation Sciences Mathématiques de Paris and an ICREA Academia Prize.
Eva Miranda’s research is at the crossroads of Differential Geometry, Mathematical Physics and Dynamical Systems. Her area of expertise is Symplectic and Poisson Geometry. She works with objects appearing on the interface of Geometry and Physics such as integrable systems and group actions acquainting for symmetries of the systems. Her research deals with geometrical and dynamical aspects of the singularities arising in Symplectic and Poisson manifolds as well as with mathematical models for their quantization.
- Differential Geometry
- Mathematical Physics
- Dynamical Systems
- Symplectic and Poisson Geometry
- Anna Kiesenhofer, Eva Miranda and Geoffrey Scott, Action-angle variables and a KAM theorem for b-Poisson manifolds, Journal de Mathématiques Pures et Appliquées, (2015), doi:10.1016/j.matpur.2015.09.006
- Victor Guillemin, Eva Miranda and Ana Pires, Symplectic and Poisson Geometry on b-manifolds, Adv. Math. 264 (2014), 864-896
- Eva Miranda, Philippe Monnier and Nguyen Tien Zung, Rigidity for Hamiltonian actions on Poisson manifolds, Adv. Math. 229 (2012), no. 2, 1136-1179
- Camille Laurent-Gengoux, Eva Miranda and Pol Vanhaecke, Action-angle coordinates on Poisson manifods, Int. Math. Res. Not. IMRN 2011, no. 8, 1839-1869
- Eva Miranda, Nguyen Tien Zung, Equivariant normal form for non degenerate singular orbits of integrable hamiltonian system, Annales Scientifiques de l’Ecole Normale Supérieure, 37, no.6, 819-839, 2004